Sep. 04, 2019

HARRISBURG – Due to legislation championed by Rep. Marcy Toepel (R-Montgomery) in 2017, Montgomery County parks and nonprofits are benefitting from more than $3.35 million to date from Valley Forge Casino revenue.

“The opportunity to help preserve our historic sites, protect the county’s open space and help area individuals in need was what drove me to fight to get this legislation signed into law,” said Toepel. “To now be 18 months out and see the fruits of that labor is extremely rewarding. This money is vital to the many organizations that do so much with so little. I am relieved that the casino revenue is continuing to grow and provide more funding for important resources in the county.”

Previously, revenue from Valley Forge Casino was not distributed to Montgomery County as was done for all other counties that host a resort casino per the Pennsylvania Race Horse Development and Gaming Act, Act 71 of 2004. Instead, revenue was spent without any influence at the county government level.

Act 42 of 2017 changed that. Now, 75% of Montgomery County’s local share assessment for slots and table games is used for the purpose of maintenance and refurbishment of the county’s seven parks, four historic sites and nearly 100 miles of hiking trails. The remaining 25% is dedicated to child advocacy and domestic violence centers.

In 2018, $2,163,340 in casino revenue was delivered to Montgomery County. For the first half of 2019, a total of $1,190,043 is being paid to the county. If the second half of the year is as profitable as the first half, the total for 2019 will be approximately $2.38 million.

Representative Marcy Toepel
147th District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives

Media Contact: Tricia Lehman
717.772.9840 /