– Rep. Marcy Toepel (R-Montgomery) today announced $171,290 in grants for 12 volunteer fire and ambulance companies throughout the 147th District in Montgomery County under the state’s Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program.
“Fire and ambulance services are expensive when one considers the training, equipment and facilities needed,” said Toepel. “I am pleased to see these companies receive this funding to help support them in their efforts to continue providing quality service to the people of Montgomery County.”
Funding from the grants may be used for construction or renovation of a fire or ambulance company facility, purchase or repair of equipment, training, or reduction of existing debt.
Following is a list of local fire and ambulance companies and the amount of their grant awards:
• Gilbertsville Area Community Ambulance Service, $7,341.57.
• Gilbertsville Fire and Rescue Co., $14,111.10.
• Green Lane Fire Co., $12,194.10.
• Harleysville Area Emergency Medical Service Inc., $9,192.44.
• Harleysville Community Fire Co., $13,563.39.
• Lower Frederick Fire Co., $14,248.03.
• Lower Providence Ambulance, $9,192.44
• New Hanover Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services, $25,474.17.
• Telford Volunteer Diving and Rescue Unit, $11,509.46.
• Upper Frederick Fire Co., $12,952.
• Upper Pottsgrove Township Fire Co. No. 1, $14,248.03.
• Upper Salford Volunteer Fire Co., $13,015.67.
• West End Fire Co. No. 1, $14,248.03.
for the latest district event information and state government updates.
Representative Marcy Toepel
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Tricia Lehman